When should you call a gardening coach?
- You wake up one day and realize your garden has become a jungle. Help!
- Your once cool shade garden is no longer shaded by mighty ash trees and the hostas are frying.
- You want to sell the house but it needs more curb appeal.
- You just moved into a new build and have a whole property to landscape.
- The garden needs a tune-up — some fresh ideas about what to add/subtract from the scene, maybe try some new and more unusual plants.
- Any time is good for a consultation, but in terms of doing work in the garden, some tasks are better done in spring and others later in the season.
Moved to a new property? I can:
- I.D. emerging plants;
- design or redesign the space to fit your needs and preferences, whether it’s a blank slate or a jungle.
In your existing garden, I can:
- Assess and re-evaluate existing plantings and overall design;
- Show how to divide/ rearrange perennials for stronger impact;
- Advise on pruning/ removal of overgrown or unhealthy plants as needed;
- Suggest new perennials and “woodies” to enhance the garden.
Looking at a jungle in your yard? Now is the time to…
- see what’s working and what isn’t ● plan how the overall design can be improved;
- decide which plantings need thinning/dividing ● plant new shrubs/trees (September).